I became an artist assistant as I went around with Rully for the past two days to get materials in for the Print Parade #2 participants and get the workshop ready for everyone to come in and produce their work.
Unfortunately, the shop that sells turpentine to refill our containers, and the shop that sold the ferric chloride was closed yesterday. So focused on preparing the studio.
After some discussion about how to make space for everyone to hang their printed proofs after printing, Rully told me about his plan to hang the prints sideways instead of clipping them straight onto the line, and this plan had been in his mind for the longest time. So I told him we should get down to doing it. We brainstormed and I decided to modify the pegs to see if it would work to our advantage. And it did! So I heated the blade and incised the pegs.
Now, we can maximize space with plenty of people working in the workshop.
We went back today and got the acid from the shop.
In the midst of material shopping today, it rained.
So Rully parked at a shelter, and we waited for the rain to stop.
Then it was back to work for me. More printing!